Using SMTP e-mail

Thanks Robert and Carl for your support, but I am I still getting the same error,

Yes I had already tried adding the PORT to the smtp… I just didnt have the “:tls” after the port.
what does the “:tls” do for this line?

I have turned my firewall off… so there should not be a port blocking issue.

To Carls Question. Yes… The Ignition Gateway is also running on this laptop.

To Roberts Question. I was trying all along to just send the “body” of the email… no attachments.
I have now even tried attachments.

In my code… this is the last line of code… also note that it is line 12 in the eventbuilder.
system.net.sendEmail(smtp,myfrom,subject,body,html,to,[attachmentName],[attachmentData],timeout,username,password)

the error always comes back stating the same thing…
Traceback (innermost last):
File “event:mouseClicked”, line 12, in ?
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayException: Gateway Error 500: Error sending email.

Because this error refers to line 12… I guess the problem could be anywhere??

I know when I had errors before due to some syntax errors… it would should the line number that had the error.

I have even tried using a GMAIL account to send mail through instead of AOL… and get the same error.

Here is the code I am using… I have only changed the password and usernames to protect the innocent.

smtp=“smtp.aol.com:587:tls”
myfrom="myemail@aol.com"
subject=“Test”
body=“This is to test my program”
html=0
to=[“tuttleelectric@aol.com”]
attachmentName=“file1.txt”
attachmentData=system.file.readFileAsBytes(“c:\myfolder\file1.txt”)
timeout=60000
username=“myusername”
password=“mypassword”
system.net.sendEmail(smtp,myfrom,subject,body,html,to,[attachmentName],[attachmentData],timeout,username,password)

Any more ideas? Do you see any errors here?