Combining data from several servers

1. Yes. Without using clustering, each plant (FPMI Gateway) would run its own separate projects, including windows. Maintaining a similar looking ‘Overview’ window is a good way to provide a unified “look and feel” to your users from any location. Retargeting isn’t much different from window navigation - feel free to set up navigation however you want. Keep in mind that users could also access projects on remote sites directly - retargeting keeps it simple on your users.

2. Yes, you can display data from whichever systems you’d like on any system. Keep in mind that FactoryPMI draws its data from SQL databases. Simply create a datasource to your remote facility just like you would a local one. I recommend using the retargeting feature when going beyond summary information. Creating a web of Gateways that each read everything from each others databases directly defeats some of the benefit of keeping systems separate.

[quote=“AlThePal”]I’m looking at installing several systems for a company who have a number of geographically separate facilities. The retargetting feature to allow connection to a number of different systems looked interesting. I have a couple of questions about it:

1. Will a copy of the ‘Overview’ window have to be stored on every system?

2. Is it possible to display a window with data from more than one system? It would be nice for example to display an Overview window with the alarm state of each facility shown.[/quote]