Services and Pricing
Inductive Automation is dedicated to providing all customers with high quality product support. In order to ensure that your experience with our support system is consistent and effective, we provide the following support policy.
This support policy is effective as of May 16, 2013. Inductive Automation reserves the right to alter this support policy at any time.
The following is a description of the different types of support services that we offer.
1. TrainingTraining is offered at our Folsom, CA training facility on a monthly basis. On-site training at your facility, or at a remote computer learning facility, can be arranged on an individual basis.
2. Technical SupportAt Inductive Automation, we strive for a very high standard of software quality. However, as with any software product, issues will invariably arise. We are consistently receiving praise from our customers for our ability to respond rapidly to technical issues, and for having knowledgeable support representatives. Technical support covers a wide variety of topics dealing with our software and its interaction with other software. Some examples of topics covered by technical support are:
- Database server compatibility
- OPC server compatibility
- Software defects
- Networking issues (as they pertain to our software)
- Performance problems not caused by poor project design
- Script troubleshooting
- Et cetera
3. Design ConsultationWe always recommend that customers find a qualified systems integrator through our Integrator Program, as they provide a much greater range of services than we offer. Howev- er, Inductive Automation can provide project design consultation as needed. Our experi- enced project engineers will work with your IT, engineering, maintenance, and production management groups to create a high-quality distributed HMI/SCADA/MES system.
Our services include:
- Custom HMI/SCADA system design using Ignition.
- Integration with any databases and PLCs in your facility.
- Overall software system design consultation including network layout, database schema design, etc.
Our services do NOT include:
- PLC programming
- Electrical drawings
- General engineering
- Equipment procurement, etc.
Most projects typically require our design personnel being teamed up with your in-house or third-party integration and/or PLC programming personnel. IT department involvement, as well as management from any departments who will use the planned system will also ensure the project is a success. We are happy to work side by side with your qualified engineer and/or IT professional so that when the project is done, they are trained and can maintain and update the system as needed.
I.A. Total CareTM Upgrade Protection ContractI.A. Total CareTM Upgrade Protection provides free upgrades to any I.A. developed modules purchased. The cost is 15% annually of the current retail price for purchased software. When the I.A. Total CareTM Upgrade Protection contract is purchased in conjunction with the I.A. Total CareTM Support contract, each contract costs 12% (or 24% total) of the current retail price for purchased software.
I.A. Total CareTM Upgrade Protection Includes
- Free upgrades on every licensed I.A. developed modules
If you re-initiate the I.A. Total CareTM Upgrade Protection contract after a lapse, it will incur a reinstatement fee. Upgrades needed without existing upgrade protection will be at the cost of 65% of the current retail price.
Software UpdatesAt Inductive Automation, we are constantly improving our software, both in features and reliability. Minor version updates to I.A. developed modules are defined as a change in either of the last two version digits, e.g. from 2.2.3 to 2.2.4 or from 4.3.7 to 4.4.0. Major version updates are defined as a change in the first version digit, e.g. from 2.8.3 to 3.0.0. Updates are provided using the following pricing guide:
|Support Package||Minor Version Update||Major Version Update|
|Without I.A. Total CareTM Upgrades||Free||65% of current price|
|With I.A. Total CareTM Upgrades||Free||Free|
I.A. Total CareTM Support ContractEach software purchase comes with 90 days of free telephone technical support. Telephone technical support, after the initial 90 days, is available with the purchase of our I.A. Total CareTM Support contract.I.A. Total CareTM Support is sold at 15% annually of the current retail price for purchased software. When the I.A. Total CareTM Support contract is purchased in conjunction with the I.A. Total CareTM Upgrade Protection contract, each contract costs 12% (or 24% total) of the current retail price for purchased software. If I.A. Total CareTM Support is purchased within the 90-day complimentary support contract period, then it is valid for 12 months starting on the day that the 90-day contract expires.We are unable to offer Total CareTM Support for our free products or third-party developed modules. However, if I.A. developed free products are used in conjunction with I.A. developed paid products, then any Total CareTM contract covering the paid products will cover I.A. developed free products as well. For example, if you bought The Works package, which includes the free Ignition OPC-UA module, your Total CareTM for The Works would allow you to receive telephone technical support for the Ignition OPC-UA module.I.A. Total CareTM includes:
- Unlimited telephone technical support
- Design consultation $200/hr (regularly $230/hr)
- 10% off training courses and seminars
Electronic Support (Forum and Email)Inductive Automation is proud to offer free electronic product support (technical support and design consultation) via our online user forum (http://www.inductiveautomation.com/forum) and via email (email@example.com). This includes support for our free products. We strive to respond to emails and forum posts within 3 hours during our normal business hours, 8am to 5pm PST.
Telephone SupportTelephone support is available by calling(916) 456-1045. Standard pricing applies during our business hours: 8am to 5pm PST. See below for after-hours pricing. Our telephone support is often enhanced by the use of GoToMeeting, which lets our support representatives actually see your issue live over the Internet, reducing incident resolution times to a minimum.Telephone technical support is available during business hours for customers with an I.A. Total CareTM contract. This means that anyone within 90 days after purchase is automatically covered, as well as anyone with an extended I.A. Total CareTM Contract (see above). Inductive Automation may provide limited telephone technical support at its discretion for prospective customers.After hours, 24x7x365 support is available to customers who have a current I.A Total CareTM Contract. When calling after hours, you will be given the option to be redirected to the emergency support line. After hours support is billed at $350 per hour with a one-hour minimum.
Design ConsultationInductive Automation's design consultation services are billed at $230 per hour, charged in 15 minute increments. Smaller projects can be done remotely using VPN and/or GoToMeeting software. On-site design services can be arranged for larger projects with a minimum of 40 hours. Expenses will be covered on a reimbursement basis. Customers with I.A Total CareTM Support are billed at $200 per hour for design consultation. Inductive Automation may provide limited telephone design consultation at its discretion for prospective customers.
The ability to prototype, test in a staging environment and rollout across our plants with the press of a butt..."
National Director of Research & Development
Live Product Demonstration
Schedule a live product demonstration and see how easy it is to set up a project and get going.
Have a question? Choose from below:
Inductive Automation Corporate
Need help? Call us Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm PST