Java Fonts and Linux

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I wanted to augment pphillips’ most recent post in case it’s useful to some other Linux user. Thanks for the post by the way. This was extremely helpful!

I’m a Linux user for my daily computing needs, but all of the users who run the Ignition clients run Windows. I had an issue where alignment of text wasn’t showing up the same in Windows and Linux, so I was forced to develop for Ignition within Windows (through a VM, at least). We’ve been running the gateway through Windows, so I assumed that was all that Inductive supported it for.

I recently decided to give it another go on Linux, since I recently found that the Ignition gateway specifically supports Linux as well. Here are the font orderings in the XML file mentioned by pphillips that I moved to achieve the same look and feel as on Windows. I need to do a bit more in depth testing for it, but the screens that I’ve looked at so far look good to me on Linux. The following XML elements should be moved to the top within their respective … grouping:

<family>Times New Roman</family> <family>Arial</family> <family>Lucida Sans Unicode</family> <family>Helvetica</family> <family>Courier New</family> <family>Courier</family> <family>Impact</family> <family>Comic Sans MS</family>