7.5.3 and OSX

I have 7.5.3 running on a remote machine, which I can access locally and remotely using a windows 7 laptop. When ever I try to connect via my mac running Java 7 it fails to load.

When i click open project, the Java 7 loading box pops up in the centre of the screen and it just stays there for how ever long I let it, until i close java.

Any Ideas? I tried to install Java 6 but not sure how to for OSX. Im running OS X 10.8.2.

Many Thanks.

Try deleting the directory at ~/.ignition to clear all the cache files.

Java 7u9 on OS X broke webstart. The work-around until Oracle releases a fix is to uninstall Java 7 and revert to the Apple-supplied Java 6.

Instructions on doing so are here:

java.com/en/download/help/ma … l_java.xml
support.apple.com/kb/HT5559

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Its no problem, I knew it would be an easy fix :slight_smile:

Java 6 is now re enabled but I turned off my remote machine as I had no need to access it today, I will test tomorrow and fingers crossed all is now working :slight_smile:

If that doesn’t work, uninstallling Java 7 and the installing Java 7u7 (and then ignoring the prompts to upgrade to 7u9!!!) also works.

I had the same problem. I got it to work by uninstalling 7u9 and installing 7u7 like Kevin suggested, but I had to run this command to re-enable webstart afterward:

sudo ln -sf /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Commands/javaws /usr/bin/javaws

After that, all was good!

Thanks for the help james.joy, we’ll take note of that.