Make the case for Ignition

I’ve never really dealt too much with java before ignition so I wasn’t sure what I was getting in to when I decided to go with ignition for our plant monitoring system but I have to say that it’s probably the MOST stable piece of software I’ve ever used. I’m sure a lot of it has to do with the hardware used as well (we’re using virtual servers and I’m not 100% sure of the specs) but I’ve had it up for over a year now and except for planned outages due to upgrades I’ve NEVER had a gateway crash on me.

I’m almost starting to regret having a redundant system because the primary server is so stable I’ve never needed to rely on the backup.

I’ve also had multiple designers and multiple clients open on my desktop at the same time and never had any problems with it. My desktop is nothing special, Dell Optiplex running windows XP and 2 gigs of ram.

As far as the cost, I have to say that I too was skeptical at the start. However, inductive automation practices what they preach and it’s easily the best value out there. Not to mention the support is top notch (I really have only relied on the forums but the few times I did have to call in my issue was resolved very quickly).

Trust me when I say it will really set you free to be as creative as you can be. I love when people come to me and ask for something to be displayed on our system and in an hour or so it’s there. I don’t have to worry about conserving tags or worrying about how many people are viewing the system at one time, it’s just gives you such a piece of mind knowing that you don’t have to worry about it when you’re developing.

I honestly don’t know why anyone would choose NOT to go with Ignition. Just my 2 cents :thumb_right: