Ignition Startup Problem and Stops while running

Well so far so good, the system is working fine. I have seen a remarkable improvement in success rate of groups which write to OPC Tags also since the upgrade. Thankyou so much for the help with the new module. I have about 10 ignition licenses intended for various plant area projects and I was kicking myself for suggesting upgrade from factorysql.

By “Restart”, i meant, that i had to manually restart the servers since none were active. I only copied the section in the log when it was stuck at the RPC warning error and no other activity was taking place. However, since the restart of both servers after the updated module, everything is OK. I had a planned downtime and needed to ensure that the behaviour was not repeating, hence I restarted the master server multiple times.

Yes please look at reducing the “down time” of Master taking back control from the backup. It seems too logical for it to be missed in such a integral functionality of the system. I do not want to use manual switchover since sometimes due to hardware specs of the backup server, Master should take control always if available.

Yes, the bad values come in the log file, only on startup and then do not occur again. I am ok with that but do you think that “request data type” would improve anything in the OPC cmmunication?

Also what is the recommendation about Java versions? is java 7 better or not, I read somewhere that ignition was compiled in Java 6 but didnt know the recommendations from inductive Automation about support of Java versions or Java Updates. Even though I know Java 7 will work with ignition but which is better?