Ignition Startup Problem and Stops while running

Yes, I understand, but wanted to get something up that you could try. The only difference between that version and the released version is that the new one doesn't specify the subscription name- it lets the server generate it. This is defined by the OPC specification, so it shouldn't cause any problems, but I suppose that certain OPC servers might not implement it correctly. However, if your system is currently working ok, you won't have a problem.

The "duplicate" that we're talking about in this case isn't your fault, and it's not multiple tags. It is the "subscription name" which Ignition uses against the OPC server. I think that Ignition might have been reconnecting, and that the server may have been complaining that the subscription previously existed. The new version should fix this.

Again, I don't actually think the quota problem is really a memory problem. I think it's caused by a deadlock, which leads to an overflow in the COM buffer. We have to catch and fix the block when it happens.

As for needing to restart, since I can't see that part in the logs, I can't be a 100% sure. It's possible that something might have happened in the transfer of the module to the backup, which would cause the backup to download a full backup the next time the master started. I can't really imagine why you would need to restart the master more than once, though.

I agree with you that the master should wait to request responsibility until it knows the modules are started. We'll have to look at how to make this happen.

The "Tried to perform RPC..." error is something that you might get if the clients/designers were left running when the gateway was restarted. It shouldn't be a big deal, and should only show up once per client or so, but you say that it was happening a lot?

Finally, I saw that the log had a TON of messages about "Errored values were received for some items in the subscription". Do all of your values seem to come in and work correctly after the system is started? This message very well could just be due to the first values sent by the opc server, before real values are available. However, they're being logged because in addition to bad quality, an error code is being sent that means "Bad Datatype". I think it's saying that because it doesn't have the value yet, but I want to make sure the values eventually come in. There is an option in the OPC connection configuration for "request data type" which might help, if the problem doesn't correct itself after startup.

Regards,