Ignition Startup Problem and Stops while running

Hi,

I suspect the duplicate name problem could be due to a previous subscription being maintained by the server, due to the disconnect being caused by other problems. In log 2, it hits that error, and then seems to connect ok, only to have the server machine restart 5 minutes later. Did it work for those 5 minutes?

We haven’t run into the subscription name problem before, but there are probably some things we can do to improve Ignition’s behavior in that situation.

Now, as for the quota errors… I think the problem here is possibly a deadlock occurring between Ignition and the OPC system, and not so much a memory problem. When this is happening, please go to Console>Threads in the gateway, and see if it reports a problem. If you see any threads marked as “blocked”, export the thread dump and post it.

Finally, for the redundancy switch over, when set to “automatic”, the master requests control during the connect procedure. There isn’t currently a delay that can be set to affect this. When this happens, the system is “running”, but as you’ve observed, it’s possible that some subsystems might still be starting. We can definitely look at putting in a delay setting, but perhaps in your case it would be better to set the master recovery mode to “Manual”, and go in and switch it by hand when you know the server is back up. I know it’s not the best solution, but it may be the best for now.

So, to summarize:

1. I’ll look into the opc error, and a setting for delaying switch back
  2. For you, try to catch the threads when the system is reporting out of quota.

Regards,