Thinking about sumations

I think I may be better off using a historical transaction group in this case and executing once a minute and then inside of my window, I can indirectly reference my tag with the appropriate column in my database and just query it directly with a sum.

Historically trending for my tags isn’t really necessary in this case although the redundancy wouldn’t kill my project with latency issues, would it? Also, I would rather log it all into my db so if a random person wants to look at the data directly, it’s easier to view it.

Can I add db columns on the fly for new group items or do I have to redesign my db table to take the new column and then assign a designation?
I may have over 200 motors I want to track history for every minute and if I have to add or remove some, I’d like to balance flexibility with simplicity.
I’m logging the data now but I’m not sure if I am organizing my db in the most efficient way to make room for changes to the transaction group.
Would it be crazy to make 200 different tables and transaction groups just so I won’t have to edit db table columns?
Any thoughts on this?

1 Like