Mobile auto-login url in Ubuntu Linux

Hello everyone!

A customer has installed Ignition over Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS 64 bits. The Ignition is running without problems except for the Mobile Module auto-detect. When I access the gateway using a public IP the Mobile launch shows a launch link with a private IP instead the public one. How can I fix this?

Saludos!

The mobile module isn’t officially supported on Linux… can your customer run it on something else?

No, Actually he chose Ignition because he wanted to run it over Linux

Doh!

Well, it’s not impossible to get mobile working on linux, but we never found a repeatable set of instructions for doing so. Some people have managed, however. You’ll need to at least be using Oracle JRE 6 (not 7! Mobile won’t work on 7).

And to answer the original question, I think there’s a setting called “Server Address” under Mobile > Settings you can set…

Doh!

Well, it's not impossible to get mobile working on linux, but we never found a repeatable set of instructions for doing so. Some people have managed, however. You'll need to at least be using Oracle JRE 6 (not 7! Mobile won't work on 7).[/quote]

Another heads up: you can run a headless server, but you'll have to install x11 and make sure everything is configured since the mobile module makes a virtual screen session.

I managed get running the mobile module in ubuntu desktop and centos. The only problem I have now is with ubuntu server 12.04 64 bits. Is java 64 bits a problem?

Java 64 is not a problem, the issue is with Linux. You can run the mobile module under a Windows OS.

The weird thing is this module is running without problems on my centos and my ubuntu 12.04 desktop 32 bits (i reset more than three times every machine and the module is still running), but not in my ubuntu 12.04 server 64 bits… :scratch:

By the way, all test were done in a virtual machine. On the other hand, A customer did exactly what I did and he couldn’t get the mobile module running.