Real time vehicle tracking

hi.
i have a task - real time vehicle tracking. i need to display vehicles on a mnemonic scheme. this can be done with your product?

[quote=“unkier”]hi.
i have a task - real time vehicle tracking. i need to display vehicles on a mnemonic scheme. this can be done with your product?[/quote]

What is meant by mnemonic scheme?

Give this a quick read, it might give you an idea of what you can do with Ignition

files.inductiveautomation.com/ca … eStudy.pdf

[quote=“Greg.Simpson”]Give this a quick read, it might give you an idea of what you can do with Ignition

files.inductiveautomation.com/ca … eStudy.pdf[/quote]

yep. i saw this. it’s great but does not fit for my task. i need to track locomotives. i don’t have gps coordinates. i know part of the railway track on which the locomotive is.

[quote=“gbuehler”]

What is meant by mnemonic scheme?[/quote]

i mean something like this.
getransportation.com/rail/ra … scada.html
i don’t know how this call exactly

How are you receiving the information about where the locomotive is located on the tracks?

We have to know how your getting the information (OPC?) in order to know how it will communicate with Ignition.

[quote=“Greg.Simpson”]How are you receiving the information about where the locomotive is located on the tracks?

We have to know how your getting the information (OPC?) in order to know how it will communicate with Ignition.[/quote]

yes, we will use opc ua protocol. I think communication will not be a problem. I do not understand what is the best way to display it. I can use ready-made primitives and just move them, or should I develop my own widgets?

[quote=“unkier”][quote=“Greg.Simpson”]How are you receiving the information about where the locomotive is located on the tracks?

We have to know how your getting the information (OPC?) in order to know how it will communicate with Ignition.[/quote]

yes, we will use opc ua protocol. I think communication will not be a problem. I do not understand what is the best way to display it. I can use ready-made primitives and just move them, or should I develop my own widgets?[/quote]

You’ll probably want to make your own widgets using templates and the drawing tools.