Scaling

I am trying to scale an indirect template path to fit a window. what is a good way of doing this?
I was thinking to make a tag to hold the width and height and write some code to make a scale factor and then manipulate this in some code to fit my window…
Is there a quicker, easier way to do this?

I just need the window to recognize the template size coming from the template path and scale it to fit on the screen.

I am also having some difficulty with my mouse events not triggering as they interact with some of my components. I tried making a blank label on the top layer of the template and put the event to trigger according to this…It works but if this is what must be done, I would like to link the label layout to the template window size and also keep it on the top layer so others cannot move it or change the size.

Any thoughts?

I’ve also noticed that by placing my label event handler layer inside a group component, it runs much slower than if I place the label inside the template which contains the group component. Why is this?

For the template to fit inside the window, make the window the size you want it , scale the template to the size you want, then adjust the Layout Constraints (Ctrl+L). Select Anchored, then anchor all 4 corners of the template inside the window.

what does the anchoring get me for the sizing of the templates?
I’m thinking that I will need to make every template square sized so they are not stretching inside my popup.
I’m assuming there is no other way to do this.
As long as the template container fits inside the window, I dont really need to worry about anchoring them then, correct?

This seems fine but I just want to make sure I understand 100% on this.

By anchoring the template inside of the popup it will always maintain that distance to the sides of the popup. So if you make the popup bigger, the template will maintain that same distance to the sides of the popup, changing the scale with the popup.

And yes, if the template fits inside the window, you do not need to anchor it.

[quote=“Greg.Simpson”]By anchoring the template inside of the popup it will always maintain that distance to the sides of the popup. So if you make the popup bigger, the template will maintain that same distance to the sides of the popup, changing the scale with the popup.

And yes, if the template fits inside the window, you do not need to anchor it.[/quote]

Ah, okay now I fully understand why you said to anchor it…
It is that my templates are all different shapes and sizes and I am trying to call them all to display inside of a popup window without stretching the images out.
Square templates is how to do this I’m assuming.

I dont know how many templates your going to be displaying in your popups, or how much work this might be, but, you can find/make the template the size you would like to use, Ctrl+P, get the size, then adjust the other sizes accordingly. I understand what your saying about using square templates, to keep them all relatively the same size.

thanks, I really don’t think I can make my templates all the same size…
But, by squaring them up, I should be able to make them popup and not look wrong. the sizes are going to vary a lot but at least they will look larger than their size in the overall layout.

Thanks,
AJ