Gentoo Linux ebuilds for 7.1.1 and 7.1.2

Ah, I understand. It seems there should be two separate packages for distribution under linux: “catapult”, and “ignition”, where “catapult” is everything except the context, and “ignition” is only the context (but with a dependency on “catapult”). If you incorporate the “unpack the context” function in a command line version of gcu, traditional linux package management remains possible, and your linux fans will be happy :wink:

The command line use of gcu is critical, anyways, as it’s very common for linux servers to not have X installed at all.

Related question: can ignition be passed one or more runtime parameters to specify alternate paths for end-user data? Specifically, the server/cluster config files, project files, and/or the license file(s)? I managed to separate the wrapper config, and put it in /etc/ignition, while the balance of the app is in /usr/share/ignition. For consistency, I’d like to also put the cluster config and license in /etc/ignition, and the per-project files in /var/ignition.

The use of a package manager in linux helps distinguish between files that are supplied from trusted upstream sources, files that are locally configured by server admin types, and files that are remotely created/updated by less trusted types. This is vital information when using security software like Tripwire, et al, and is most convenient when the categories are segregated by folder.