All about Alarms

Hi,

A few elements of what you described struck me as strange. First off, the missing table names. What is the version of FactorySQL on your machines? Those settings are set locally and not shared through redundancy, so I’m not sure how they’d get wiped out.

Next, it’s important to note that the “clear alarm log” group you mentioned is not pre-installed in the sense that it’s meant to be used in general, it just happens to be a group included with the demo project. It might work for you, if you happen to have the alarm log and status tables named as it would expect, but you’ll want to look closely at it and make sure it’s doing the correct thing in your case.

For entries in the log- they are only entered in the log when the event occurs. So, if you delete everything, you won’t get an entry until the alert goes active again. You might get an entry when the alert clears, if it’s starting from an active state, if the alert is set to report clear messages.

As for why you got multiple entries- are there any messages in the FactorySQL log (Help->Log Viewer) that might indicate that the server/backup switched? Perhaps they went back and forth before settling down, and each registered an alert (which would happen when the group started logging). I would recommend upping your node timeout to at least 15 sec, as I think the default 5 seconds is too short.

Hope this helps a bit, please post back if more weird stuff occurs.

Regards,