Unable to get any SDK examples working [7.6.6]

Hey there

I downloaded the SDK and ran through the associated instructions with getting the SDK setup. I haven’t modified the existing code, and thought I’d see if I can get an example working. I have got a developer key in the Ignition System.

I went to the build of the ComponentExample and ran the Ant build, without any errors. I checked the Gateway and the module was loaded there, with a big green tick telling me that the module was loaded (not running :neutral_face: ). When I try to load the Designer, I get an error:

Error Launching application
Exception: Error unpacking componentexample-designer.jar

I have tried restarting the gateway and the PC, but nothing happens. I have tried other examples in the SDK and I get the same error.

Where can I find more information about this error, where will this log be recorded? What do I need to do in order to use these example modules?

Regards
Jarren

1. What version of Java are you running?
  2. Are there any more details in that error message?
  3. What does your pack200.properties file look like in your SDK’s build directory?

Hi Carl

1. When I run the “java -version” command I get:

Java SE runtime environment (build 1.8.0-b132)

I am running a 32-bit version of Java on a 64-bit Windows 8 machine, if that makes any difference.

1. No other details other than the text I have written below. It appears in a pop-up window, if that is relevant. Is there not a log that may reveal more information?

2. Pack200.properties, as viewed by Notepad++:

modificationtime=latest stripdebug=false deflatehint=true keepfileorder=false unknownattribute=error segmentlimit=-1 effort=7 com.sun.java.util.jar.pack.package.majver=150 com.sun.java.util.jar.pack.package.minver=7

Regards
Jarren

Remove the last two lines of pack200.properties.

They’re not compatible with Java 8.

Same problem with during opening Designer:
[color=#FF0000]Error launching application:
Exception: Error unpacking
componentexample-designer.jar
[/color]
Regarding your checks:

1. What version of Java are you running?
    Java version “1.6.0_45”
  2. Are there any more details in that error message?
    No more detail, pop-up during opening Designer.
  3. What does your pack200.properties file look like in your SDK’s build directory?
    [color=#800080]modificationtime=latest
    stripdebug=false
    deflatehint=true
    keepfileorder=false
    unknownattribute=error
    segmentlimit=-1
    effort=7
    [/color]

I try with and without the lines
    [color=#800080]com.sun.java.util.jar.pack.package.majver=150
    com.sun.java.util.jar.pack.package.minver=7[/color]

(see built.txt)
Same Error.

:smiley:
Ok, I found.

There was a file “componentexample-designer.jar.pack.gz” in the folder " Ignition\lib\core\designer"
After removing this file, all works without problem.

:thumb_left: