Publish to AWS SNS

Hi,
I want to publish to an SNS end point in place of inserting in database. Can I do it by writing a module? Can someone please help me with the basics? I’m completely new to this.

Can you tell us a little more about what you’re trying to accomplish?

We have a system which reads from SNS directly, and a system running Ignition.It is currently inserting values into a database. I want to skip this part, and instead publish to a SNS topic. Is ignition flexible enough to make an API call with the data instead of inserting into a DB?

I guess I’m not clear on which data you’re talking about and at what point in time you want to capture it and make that API call.

Sorry for my vague response, even I’m not clear on what happens with ignition. I’ll try to explain as many details as I know of:
Ignition is the software our clients use to record physical movement of some goods. Currently they say they are able to configure a database connection and record this specific event(when the goods move) into a SQL db. From our side, we have a system which listens on to a SNS end point, and it will be very easy for us if the data present in SNS. We thought of reading from sql db, then publishing to sns, but it is a costly operation. I want to see if there is a way, where we can intercept it inserting this goods-movement data and send it to a sns end point.

Can anyone help me with this?

I am guessing the goods movement is part of a tag change event. They could create a gateway script on that tag change to fire a script (python) which could send to the SNS API.