It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:37 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Sparkline Chart with indirect tag history errors 
General
General

Post Sparkline Chart with indirect tag history errors
Hey guys,

I upgraded my servers to 7.5.1 over the weekend and now on pages that have sparkline charts with indirect tag history I get this error everytime it refreshed the tag history data, the sparkline goes red and then it actually updated the data and looks fine until the next time it refreshes.

Quote:
Message: Error running query:<br>TagHistory(paths=[kill floor main plc/synchronization/line -1/current difference], start=Mon Jul 23 15:07:08 EDT 2012, end=Mon Jul 23 15:22:08 EDT 2012, flags=0)@15000ms<br>On: Line Sync.Line Sync.Sparkline Chart.data
Time: Mon Jul 23 3:22:08PM
Severity: WARN
Logger: ignition.application.binding.TagHistoryAdapter
Stack Trace: java.lang.Exception: Error running query:<br>TagHistory(paths=[kill floor main plc/synchronization/line -1/current difference], start=Mon Jul 23 15:07:08 EDT 2012, end=Mon Jul 23 15:22:08 EDT 2012, flags=0)@15000ms<br>On: Line Sync.Line Sync.Sparkline Chart.data&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.QueryManager\$QueryExecutor.run(QueryManager.java:317)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)&#13;<br>Caused by: com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayException: null&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.newGatewayException(GatewayInterface.java:312)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.sendMessage(GatewayInterface.java:286)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.sendMessage(GatewayInterface.java:243)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.runTagHistoryQuery(GatewayInterface.java:626)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.GWITagHistoryProvider.query(GWITagHistoryProvider.java:16)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.sqltags.history.cache.TagHistoryCache.query(TagHistoryCache.java:193)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.TagHistoryQuery.execute(TagHistoryQuery.java:34)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.QueryManager\$Query.execute(QueryManager.java:701)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.QueryManager\$Query.access\$500(QueryManager.java:674)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.QueryManager\$QueryExecutor.run(QueryManager.java:315)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;... 1 more&#13;<br>Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.history.query.loaders.DatasourceHistoryLoader.getEffectiveWindowSizeMS(DatasourceHistoryLoader.java:178)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.history.query.HistoryWriter.calculateBlockSize(HistoryWriter.java:203)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.history.query.HistoryWriter.execute(HistoryWriter.java:236)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.SQLTagsManagerImpl.queryHistory(SQLTagsManagerImpl.java:826)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.servlets.gateway.functions.QueryTagHistory.invoke(QueryTagHistory.java:105)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.servlets.Gateway.doPost(Gateway.java:398)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.bootstrap.MapServlet.service(MapServlet.java:85)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol\$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint\$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)&#13;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at java.lang.Thread.run(null)&#13;<br>
Stack Trace: com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.QueryManager$QueryExecutor.run(QueryManager.java:317)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Also, if it means anything, the sparkline charts are part of templates as well.

Doug Keller
Electronics Project Manager
Clemens Food Group

Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:26 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Sparkline Chart with indirect tag history errors
I doubt it has anything to do with the type of chart, but instead perhaps with the binding settings & some sort of issue with the data. In particular, take a look and see if the binding on "data" is set to a sample size of "Natural". If so, when you look at the console in the gateway, do you see any messages like "No scan class information found for tags"?

If it's not "natural", let me know. Otherwise I would recommend trying either on-change or fixed. Ultimately, it's trying to figure out what the tag's scan class was running at, and is failing for some reason. If you want, you can call in and we can try to track down what's really going on, but trying one of the other modes should at least work around it for now.

Regards,

Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:36 pm
General
General

Well, I think the actual problem is this:

Quote:
TagHistory(paths=[kill floor main plc/synchronization/line -1/current difference]

Even though it's supposed to be getting an actual number for "line -1" it's putting a -1 in there, of course there is no line -1. It does this everytime it refreshes. Instead of using the indirection it's putting -1 in for the indirect value. It was working fine before the upgrade to 7.5.1 (from 7.5.0).

Doug Keller
Clemens Food Group

Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:42 pm
Profile WWW

Ah, ok, I'll take a look at that scenario. However, my main suggestion still applies: this is an error that should only be able to happen if using "natural" results. If you can use a different result type, you should be able to get around it until we fix the main issue.

Regards,

Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:59 pm
General
General

Will do, I'll take a look at that tomorrow.

Also, after thinking about it the indirection is pointing to a user defined datatype and the chart is part of a template whose drop target is the user defined data type. Maybe all of that has something to do with it too. FYI.

Doug Keller
Clemens Food Group

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
General
General

FYI, Changing the sample size to fixed seems to have gotten rid of that error on the client.

However I'm still getting a ton of these errors in the gateway console:

Attachment:
TagHistoryError1.png
TagHistoryError1.png [ 12.18 KiB | Viewed 854 times ]

Doug Keller
Clemens Food Group

Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:27 am
Profile WWW

Hi,

It seems to be having some difficulty dealing with tags that don't exist (the paths have -1, so I'm guessing these are happening in the designer when you don't have a valid property there). It shouldn't hurt anything, but I'll take a look- it's supposed to just return bad quality.

Regards,

Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:44 pm

Post Re: Sparkline Chart with indirect tag history errors  Topic is solved
Looking at your latest log, I think we've fixed all of the actual errors. The log message about "no tag info found" is a nuisance, but technically correct, and useful for troubleshooting. However, I've changed that logger to only log once per minute, so it should cut down on the number of messages.

Regards,

Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:10 am
General
General

Ok, that's fair. Thank you!

Doug Keller
Clemens Food Group

Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:13 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]