OPC UA Read TimeOut Error

Hi,

I am using IA-Scripting Function system.opc.browse() to read in the name space of a Beckhoff PLC, The function works, but, as the namespace size increases the function fails after 60 Seconds with the following error

com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayException: Read timed out

It is obvious the size of the namespace coupled with the PLC being remote on a 3G Modem is causing the timeout issue, when trying the same function on a local connection I can get much larger name spaces to browse without problem.

I have found some MaxTimeout settings on Beckhoff OPC UA Config and adjusted these with no success but I cannot find any settings at the Ignition side to increase this timeout value, is there any way of doing this…

How are you connecting to this PLC? Opc-Ua to Opc-UA or with a device driver ?

The PLC runs the Beckhoff OPC UA Server which is installed on the PLC, Ignition has an OPC-UA Connection to this server via the Internet/3G Modem.

Based on the the error message you posted in your original message, I think the real source of your timeout issue is between the client and the gateway. Can you open the project in question in the designer , then go to Project->Properties->Client->Timing-> Read Timeout , change this value to 120,000. I think the issues you are having are with the delay in values updating but its the client that is timeout out not the OPC-UA server. Let me know if this change causes the error messages to go away.