Supported Java Versions

I have Ignition 7.6.6 running in a redundant configuration on Windows 2003 R2 SP2 Virtual Machines with an OPC Server and nothing else running on the machines.

Java Version is 1.7.0_25.
I have set the Java Memory allocation to 1 GB

Only SQL bridge Module is being used with OPC Com with around 1500 Regular Tags and 17000 Tags from Block reads.

From time to time, i still get OutofMemoryError in Java, sometimes after a couple of days it will be from the scheduled backup functionality in the console or sometimes when on redundancy switchover, when I click on console, I will get OutofMemoryError.

I was thinking of updating JRE but could not find information of the supported Java Versions for different Ignition Versions. Could anyone kindly help me with this? I want to know the compatability of Ignition 7.6.6 with the latest Java Version i.e. which version does it support. Also in the furture could inductive automation release comatability information of their products with the latest java versions.

+1 would be very interesting

Currently Ignition supports up to Java 8 at this time, for your issue I would recommend upgrading to Java 7u60 since there was a known issue with the JVM having memory management issues that was resolved in Java 7u45 release.

thanks, will update to the specified version.

I would still suggest inductive automation to inform the users to the latest java versions recommended since ignition does rely on java to run properly.