Window won't open in designer

The window won’t open and gives this error.

SerializationException: Error deserializing element "<c cls=“com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.plugins.reporting.components.ColumnSelectorPanel” " on line 3628 caused by IOExceptionWithCause: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.plugins.reporting.components.ColumnSelectorPanel caused by ClassNotFoundException: com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.plugins.reporting.components.ColumnSelectorPanel

Ignition v7.6.6 (b2014040112)

Thanks

What version of Java are you using? Also, what version of the reporting module are you using?

The Java version is 1.7.0.55 and I’m not using the reporting module. So I may have created the problem when I uninstalled the module in the past. I tried to reinstall the reporting module but when I download and extract the files I don’t get a .MODL file. I recall in the past that I had to rename one of the files.

IE is renaming the file extension from .modl to .zip for you. Just don’t extract anything and change the extension back to .modl.

Thanks that solved the problem.
Can you add a note that IE will change the file name and that it has to be renamed back to MODL, to either your download web page or to the Ignition module upload page.