Ignition Client Launcher - Multiple gateways

Is it possible to get a drop down list of all gateways, I need to work with multiple gateways and they are not on the same network. Instead of having to type the network address when I need to switch would it be possible to configure a list and then have a dropdown where I choose which gateway to work with?

A quick idea I would have would be make a “Gateway” project with buttons to each one.

Yes, this is one of the improvements made to the 7.6.5 client launcher. You can try it now by installing a 7.6.5-rc download somewhere and downloading the launcher from the Gateway.

Is that client launcher now writing into the Windows registers to save configuration?

My preference would be to use files in the same directory as the launcher so I can distribute the file to clients via e-mail and a zip file.

Forget that remark, I can see the benefits of using the registry.

What I would like to see is that I can choose the gateway from the main screen. At the moment I need to click “change” and then in the next screen I can go through the steps of selecting a different server. I would like to see a dropdown on the main screen where I can select the gateway from a list that I can configure.

[quote]Is that client launcher now writing into the Windows registers to save configuration?

My preference would be to use files in the same directory as the launcher so I can distribute the file to clients via e-mail and a zip file.[/quote]
As of 7.6.5, the launchers write config files into .ignition\clientlauncher-data by default. But if you move the clientlauncher-data folder next to the clientlauncher.exe, it will use the config files there instead. That allows you to zip the exe and settings together as before.

You can do that too! In that case, you would open clientlauncher-data/launch.xml and set the property to false. This will force the launcher to open on the "Select Gateway" screen every time it starts. I also set the property to true, so that my chosen Gateway will not automatically be saved to the config file after launch. This allows me to maintain a default Gateway in the config if I need it.

Great,
thanks for the help.