Lag issues

This is the window i’ve created with dozens of templates that have several states and custom properties…
Some of the conveyors pieces have about 90 rectangles inside groups in the template.
It takes quite a while to load the window… up to a minute the first time I load it…
How can I speed this up?
I’m sure some of this is due to my server, which is quite old.
Can ignition handle so many shapes and custom properties?

this is how detailed my templates are.

I hope we get some good tips on your post because i have similar issues. i created an awesome custom
air conditioner unit with turning fans, flashing status indicators numeric labels etc… bad news was i have 92 of them. even split onto
two different windows those load times were unacceptable. i now have a small colored dot with one line through
the center. it spins like the fan did, its entire color is the status indicator and the label information is now nestled in the
hover over tooltip. these changes have delivered some noticeable improvements but much less " impressive" from a graphical
standpoint… looks like if you have to have the awesome graphics you better be running it on an equally awesome workstation…
I hope some of the more experienced designers chime in on your threads…

also i dropped two indicator “gateway performance” tags on my project. i used the cpu and memory tags.
for all the issues i am having i dont think it is the gateway because my project hammered the client cpu to 100%
and the gateway didnt even hiccup. i think that a multicored cpu machine with 64 bit os and a ton of ram would
take my " pretty" project for a wild ride, but thats not what we have…we have " affordable" single core 32 bit corporate
purchased machines
that struggle to run my awesome project…

also triple check your spelling, its embarassing to present and show
off your project to board members or upper management for them to
be the ones to find the typos. at least this has been some of my experience
its laughable but just doesnt pull off a “polished” presentation. all the cool scripts
and the takeaways are the spelling errors… not a big deal i know but it is
when you want to make an impression that counts…

ps i didnt mean to soun :laughing: d critical about spelling.

Thanks for your posts, but I was looking for technical feedback for ignition.

This topic is solved?

It also seems like when I am navigating my pages… It can take over a minute to load one screen… However, if I refresh the window after clicking the navigation this can reduce the load time significantly.
I was wondering if this could be an issue with Ignition.

What version of Ignition is this project running on? We recently made improvements to the repainting process that may help.

Your server is likely not the issue here, as all the drawing and re-painting is handled on the client machine.

[quote=“michael.stofan”]What version of Ignition is this project running on? We recently made improvements to the repainting process that may help.

Your server is likely not the issue here, as all the drawing and re-painting is handled on the client machine.[/quote]

I’m running 7.4.2 currently.
My machine is pretty powerful as well.
I’m running 2.4 ghz with 8 Gb RAM and a 50 Mbps connection.

Go ahead and post the window up so we can take a look at it here.

Ive managed to cut down my load times from 1-2 minutes to under 2 seconds…
Nesting templates was killing me…

I’m in the process of recreating SVG group pallets from my template building blocks.