GATEWAY Script cannot access drive

I am trying to access some xml files on a mapped v:/ drive on the gateway. I have only been able to access the drive if i run a client on the gateway computer, I put the path in a button and it works fine, if i use the open file dialog box it works fine. If i put the script in a gateway script, it fails and tells me that ‘v:/’ is not a valid path.

if i try to run this on a client machine, not on the same machine as the gateway, everything fails. using a button or gateway script it tells me that ‘V:/’ is not a valid path.

Is this a function of the gateway scripts? Can anyone help me out trying to get access to these files?

Thanks

I see you found the other thread that talks about the problems with mapped drives, but I’ll go ahead and post links to other threads here:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=11144&p=39813&hilit=mapped+drive#p39813
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=6583&p=18681&hilit=mapped+drive#p18681

Thanks Kevin,

I still cant get it working, i dont have the admin account number for the ignition service, i do have a user with admin permissions, will that work?

Thanks

I’m not sure which of the threads you’re following but if you set Ignition to run as a different user then you can used the mapped drive option in the second post. From the sounds of things in the other post setting the service to run with admin settings should work as well. I’m not sure what you have tried and what has failed so I don’t really know where you’re getting stuck.

I changed the login user to local admin and I tried setting up the networked drive but I didn’t get any feedback so I’m not sure where it was failing.

Any suggestions?