Alarm Status Table Acknowledge

Is there any way to know that the Acknowledge button has been pressed on the Alarm Status.
My thinking is to have only one button to acknowledge and clear an alarm in the PLC.
If I know the Ack has been pressed, I can trigger a script to set the Alarm Clear in the PLC.

The current method requires two buttons. ACK alarm on Status table , then Clear Button to PLC.

I would advise against using the Acknowledge button as your Clear Alarm button. You want to give your operator the ability to Acknowledge an alarm, to prevent further call-outs, even if the alarm condition hasn’t been fixed. If you make Acknowledge and Clear the same button then they can’t acknowledge an alarm unless the alarm condition has been fixed.

Agreed, but there are situations where the Acknowledge and Clear can happen at the same time. FactoryTalk has the ability to send an ACK to a PLC and the ability to receive a remote ACK from a PLC.

I am using Ignition to replace a FactoryTalk application and the above scenario has been presented to me.

Noticed old posts are being addressed, so I am bumping this one up in the event It may be answered.

Thanks

I apologize for the delay in this response.

You could try hiding the alarm status table’s “acknowledge” button and creating your own that called system.alarm.acknowledge on the selected alarm(s). This way you could also add the alarm clear script to the same button.