SSL Cert is crashing my gateway

inductiveautomation.com/supp … l_cert.htm

I followed this guide. I purchased a globalsign SSL cert. Basically we are hosting our gateway on a public IP so it’s accessible to all of our developers from home. At first I had left the self-signed cert in the same keystore as the intermediate cert and the signed ssl cert. Naturally this being my first time installing an ssl cert I didn’t realize it looked at the first certificate in the keystore and ignored the other certs, it still gave the ugly “this is not a trusted connection” screen. So I called GlobalSign and they said to remove the self signed one and ours should become active so that’s what I did… Then the fun starts when I restart the gateway… It flat out crashed each time and would not display the webpage… So I rolled back to the default ssl.key that ignition has included and everything works… But I really need my SSL cert working… Does anyone have any further troubleshooting tips I can try to make this work? I submitted a support ticket awhile ago but never heard back. The intermediate Cert was put into the keystore before the signed cert, if that makes any difference…

Did you end up calling into the support line about this issue? I dealt with someone recently regarding globalsign certs and getting them installed on the server correctly.

I did this recently and, if your certificate signing authority has SHA-2 available, you may want to consider using SHA-1 instead. (very technical details, please ignore this otherwise)

This issue is solved (I work at the same company). I think the certificates were built incorrectly the first time.

Thanks for updating :thumb_left: