Pipeline - no available user in roster

I need some help setting up a alarm notification pipeline.

We have a daytime shift, and we have a evening / night / weekend guard.

• If the alarm has a low /diagnostic priority it should not be sent to anyone.
  • If the alarm has a medium priority it should only be sent to the daytime shift.
  • If the alarm has a high priority it should first try to reach the daytime shift. If no users from daytime is availible, it should be sent to the guard. If no guard is availible, it should be sent to management.
  • If the alarm has a high priority it should first try to reach the daytime shift. If no users from daytime is availible, it should be sent to the guard. The alarm should always also be sent to management.

My question is, how can i detect that the alarm has passed through a notification block where no users where availible in the roster?

I don’t think there’s a way to detect if there are no users currently scheduled in a Roster. In your example you could place a Delay block where your “If no user” blocks are, this will give someone in the first notification block time to respond to the alarm before it gets sent to the next notification block. Of course it would be better if Ignition had a variable for the number of users currently scheduled in a roster, this would allow us to bypass notification blocks and delays were no one was scheduled.

Pat has the right idea for you. Unfortunately there is no way to find out if there are any currently scheduled users in the roster, the notification will just be skipped if that’s true.