Stored procedure Problems (MYSQL)

I am creating a database authentication system. Unfortunately, I am not able to create a stored procedure to create a new user. I’ve worked with MSSQL quite in depth before, however I am at a loss as to how to solve this problem. Below is the code I am using to create the stored procedure: [quote]DELIMITER $$

create PROCEDURE USP_CREATE_LOS_ALTOS_USER (USER_NAME1 VARCHAR(100),PWD1 VARCHAR(100),ROLE_NUM1 TINYINT)

BEGIN

INSERT INTO LOS_ALTOS.USERS (USER_NAME, PWD, ROLE_NUM)

SELECT USER_NAME1, PWD1, ROLE_NUM1

END $$

DELIMITER ;
[/quote]

Does anybody see anything blatantly wrong? I’ve been working at it for a few hours, and I’m still up against a brick wall.

Try the following:[code]DELIMITER $$

create PROCEDURE USP_CREATE_LOS_ALTOS_USER (USER_NAME1 VARCHAR(100),PWD1 VARCHAR(100),ROLE_NUM1 TINYINT)

BEGIN

INSERT INTO LOS_ALTOS.USERS (USER_NAME, PWD, ROLE_NUM) VALUES (USER_NAME1, PWD1, ROLE_NUM1);

END $$

DELIMITER ;[/code]Let me know if you still have issues. Post the error message if you get one.

Ah! It appears as if I have successfully created the stored procedure. However, when I attempt to execute the stored procedure via a stored procedure transaction group, I receive the error “No access to parameters by name when connection has been configured not to access procedure bodies.”

Any clues?

Travis, I really appreciate your help.

We solved the problem.

Can you post the solution?