Windows 7 MSSS2008 First time set up

I can’t get connected. Just got the PC to set up for a new job. First time w/Windows 7. Installed sql 2008 r2 and tried to set up a connection to it on the same machine. I have:
Enabled tcp/ip in SQL Server Network Configuration Manager
Copied sqljdbc4 in C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\tomcat\webapps\ctx0\WEB-INF\lib
Copied sqljdbc_xa.dll in C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin

Still I get :
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: This driver is not configured for integrated authentication.
from Status/database/details in ignition.

I’ve included a picture of my data connection settings. I can’t find the problem. Any idea’s?

Pic

Unfortunately, getting integrated authentication working is very tricky. Sorry I didn’t see this post earlier in the day, I think one of the guys here wrote a guide to it… I’ll ask him to post tomorrow.

Is SQL Authentication not an option here? It would be much easier, just switch SQL Server to “mixed mode” and make an account.

Regards,

You can check out the information in this post. You need to grab the sqljdbc_auth.dll from the Microsoft hotfix. More info here as well.

Showing that these topics no longer exist. I would like to see this work step.

Since those links are now broken, here is the relevant text:

To use Windows Authentication, where the connection is authenticated using the identity of the user running the Ignition gateway, you must first install the Microsoft JDBC driver package. The driver package can be found at: msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/aa937724.aspx

Burried in that package, you will find a sqljdbc_auth.dll file. Copy the correct file for your architecture (64 vs 32 bit) into the following two directories:

\Ignition\tomcat\webapps\main\WEB-INF\lib
and
\Java<jre folder>\bin
(ie: C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin, and make sure you use the folder for the right architecture)

Then restart the Ignition service.

Here is the full Knowledge Base Article: Microsoft SQL Server Connection Guide for Ignition