Connecting Ignition (The Works Lite) to MS Access Database

Hello!

I am a newbie at this, so please have patience with me, and feel free to correct me if I am posting in the wrong section, or have left out required Information.

I am trying to make a connection from Ignition (The Works Lite) to a Microsoft Access Database. I have the Database on the same PC as I have installed Ignition on. From what I have pieced together, this is what I have done:

-I have created a MS access database called: test_dba.mdb
-I have created a DSN connection by running C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe as an administrator (otherwise the MS Access drivers are not accessible). I clicked on system DSN, Clicked Add, selected the “Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)”, clicked Finish, Named my data source test_connection, clicked “select” navigated to and selected my test_dba database, clicked “Ok”, and I could see my test_connection appear in the “System Data Sources” Listing.
-I created a database connection by going to Ignition / Configure / Databases / Connections / create a new database connection. I then selected the JDBC-ODBC Bridge for MS Access, named the connection “test_connection”. Named the connect URL as: “jdbc:odbc:test_connection” and clicked on “Save”.

My connection goes to a faulted status immediately, when I view it under the “Status” Link I get the following error Message:
"Faulted
Error:
Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory ([Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application) "

The version of Ignition I am running is: 7.6.3 (b2013090513)
I am running Access 2007, but have saved the database as 2003 so that it is a .mdb file.

Any help or advise that anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I will update you all if I find anything out in the mean time.
Thank you!

(Here are the longer details of the error message:

org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory ([Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application)

org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1225)

org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:880)

com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.datasource.DatasourceImpl.getConnectionInternal(DatasourceImpl.java:194)

com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.datasource.DatasourceImpl.runTest(DatasourceImpl.java:150)

com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.datasource.DatasourceManagerImpl$FaultedDatasourceRetryer.run(DatasourceManagerImpl.java:1103)

java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(Unknown Source)

sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(Unknown Source)

sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLDriverConnect(Unknown Source)

sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcConnection.initialize(Unknown Source)

sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver.connect(Unknown Source)

org.apache.commons.dbcp.DriverConnectionFactory.createConnection(DriverConnectionFactory.java:38)

org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObject(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:294)

org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.validateConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:1247)

org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1221)

org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:880)

com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.datasource.DatasourceImpl.getConnectionInternal(DatasourceImpl.java:194)

com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.datasource.DatasourceImpl.runTest(DatasourceImpl.java:150)

com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.datasource.DatasourceManagerImpl$FaultedDatasourceRetryer.run(DatasourceManagerImpl.java:1103)

java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)")

Ok I managed to solve it myself with the help of Google.

Here is what the problem was: I had 64bit Java and Ignition, but Access is 32bit. I had to uninstall Ignition and Java and reinstall 32 bit versions and I now have a valid connection.

Thanks!
-Shawn

Do we know if we can connect to 32 bit Access with 64 bit Java, Ignition?