Other online PLC Forum resources

Online PLC and Controls Forums
control.com - integrator and controls forum that started with an open source project.
MrPLC forum - PLC specific forum
Automation Web - Created by a user when Rockwell forums went down. Let’s help get this one started.

1 Like

Looks like Automation Web died.

plcs.net- Forum plus an online simulator
EZAutomation- Low-cost PLC/HMI/etc. Really good for small standalone projects.

1 Like

ControlsOverload - Q&A style forum

Useful Reddit subs:

PLC(Programmable Logic Controllers)
ECE(Electrical and Computer Engineering)
AskElectronics(General Electronics Questions)
eebooks(Free and Legal ECE Text Books)
ECE Component exchange(ECE Parts Swap)
Manufacturing(Manufacturing Industry News)
engineering(General Engineering)

1 Like

Siemens related automation (Forum)

Other online PLC Forum resources are given below:

If you are interested to know about PLC course and its advantage then go through here: PLC SCADA Training in Noida |Industrial Automation Training in Noida | CETPA INFOTECH

Online PLC and DCS Controls Forums,
PLC related
PLC SCADA Forum

Thank you for sharing valuable information… But some resources don’t open :frowning:

Some posts are 15 years old. Not all of them survive. Welcome to the interwebz.

I have used LogixPro for about 5 years to teach introductory PLC programming exercises at a local university. The software's UX is laughable, but I've always been successful using it to teach the fundamentals, and haven't found a better alternative (for the price). Inexpensive automation/PLC resources are hard to find, and I would recommend this to anyone looking for a starting point to learn PLC programming.

I always recommend that people complete the first 4 exercises using only OTE instructions and stay away from OTL/OTU. Then after they have mastered the fundamentals, go back and solve them with latched and unlatched instructions.

LogixPro Allen Bradley simulator

Student documentation and reference material here

4 Likes