Alarm Table Columns Formatting

I may be being a little thick but can anybody tell if it is possible to add or remove Alarm Table columns. This is a standard feature in other SCADA systems but I cannot find how to do it in Ignition.

I would also like to alter the columns widths as well in to set the width in the designer package (I know you can do this in the launched application).

Thanks

1 Like

[quote=“Paul Abbott”]I may be being a little thick but can anybody tell if it is possible to add or remove Alarm Table columns. This is a standard feature in other SCADA systems but I cannot find how to do it in Ignition.

I would also like to alter the columns widths as well in to set the width in the designer package (I know you can do this in the launched application).

Thanks[/quote]
If you are referring to V7.6 and above, I believe in runtime you Right Click on the alarm header table and check/uncheck columns

Thanks for this, it does get rid of the columns however, I am using the Alarm Table in a template. When you change screens the columns come back again and the width reverts to preset. :frowning:

On further investigation it seems that the row height, although you can change it in the designer environment will not go any bigger than 22 in the launched app. When you close and reopen the designer the previously set size (of say 30) in the row height has reverted back to 22 ?? :scratch:

Paul

The row height bug was fixed in version 7.6.5-rc3

Thanks

How about the Column Issue??

Can you change the Displayed Columns and width’s from within the Designer Package?

Thanks

I’m not quite clear on your problem, so I’ll take a stab at a couple of interpretations. Hopefully I’ll get one right. :slight_smile: FWIW, I confirmed both of the below methods in 7.6.6-rc1.

If you’re just placing an Alarm Status Table on a window, you can put the designer in preview mode (the green arrow on the top tool bar), right click on the header of the table, and then add or delete columns. You can also drag the width of any/all columns, and auto-resize one or more columns. These changes persist when you get out of preview mode. I don’t see a way to stop your end user from resizing columns, but you can stop them from adding/removing columns by unchecking the “Show Header Popup” property.

If you want that Alarm Status Table in a template, you’ll need to use a two-step process. First, place your Alarm Status Table in a main window and get it adjusted the way you want. Then copy that table and paste it into the template. The changes you made will persist, even when you use the template.

1 Like

Thanks Kathy…

All is good and sorted out. Both options did the job…

:thumb_left: