Jar file location for user created files

When I create and save a form in Ignition where is the location that this form is saved to. I know it is probably save in a .jar file. Cant I open this .jar file and look at the code behind my form. I have a program that creates html and wpf files based on objects I want to modify it to create forms for Ignition. For example if I need to display the same data for a 100 different locations and the forms to do this only differ in the names displayed on labels, buttons etc and the queries used to obtain the data my program can create these forms for me.

Mmm, not quite.

Everything is serialized to an XML-based format and saved in the internal DB.

Maybe you can use templates to cut down on the duplication?

Otherwise, yeah, if you can export to the XML serialization format for Vision windows you would then be able to import those windows into projects.

Sorry for the delay in replying this is a spare time project. What type off database is the form stored in?, can’t I query it using the name of my form and de serialize it, my program is written in C# there are built in functions to serialize/de serialize most types of data.

I don’t know how to say this gently, but there are many many barriers blocking you from doing this successfully. You’re not going to be able to query the internal database- it’s… internal. And your built in functions are not going to be able to deserialize anything, as its serialized using our own custom xml system.

Now, as I’m somewhat fond of saying in regards to programming, “everything’s possible”. And that’s true, given infinite time. I point that out because I don’t want you to think I’m simply blowing you off… yes, theoretically, you could reverse engineer the xml, have a program generate it, and load it into Ignition. However, that would be a very complicated task. And we really wouldn’t be able to help you with it… because then that would mean making our window serialization system more or less a public API, which we’re not really ready for.

As Kevin mentioned, though, Ignition let’s you export the windows to XML, so you can start there and see what it looks like…

Regards,