Cleaning Alarm Summary

i’m using the Alarm Summary and i can see the old alarms, acked and unacked.
how can i reset the list or clean specific old alarms?
thank you

The Alarm Summary allows you to set filters so you only see what you want. If you create an Alarm Summary and look at its properties, you will see the following 4 filters:Show Active and Unacked Show Active and Acked Show Clear and Unacked Show Clear and AckedThe most common case is to display points which are stil in alarm or are now out of alarm but have not been acknowledged. To do this, make sure the first 3 options are selected and the last option is not selected.

i already set up those filters, but i think it would be nice to mantain the cleared alarms in a separated list, that exposes the troubled devices, that i can empty whan i want:

i have 2 alarm summaries.
in the first i put:

• Active and Unacked
  • Active and Acked
    in the second i put:
  • Clear and Unacked
  • Clear and Acked

i want to delete alarms from the second when i want. is it possible?

Not with the standard Alarm Summary and alarm database tables. You could do this by adding a new field of ‘checked’ with a default value of null to the alarm database table (whichever table you have set up in the alert storage profile).

You could then create another table displaying the information you wanted out of the alarm database table, filtering it using the ‘checked’ field e.g.SELECT alert_log_id, active_timestamp, path FROM alert_log WHERE ISNULL(checked) AND not ISNULL(cleared_timestamp)Note that you need to include the ‘alert_log_id’ field but you will probably want to hide it using the table customizer.

Finally you would add a button under the table that allowed you to set the ‘checked’ field of the selected entry when you wanted to clear it. The code on the button would look something liketable = event.source.parent.getComponent('tblOldAlarms') selectedId = table.data.getValueAt(table.getSelectedRow(), 'alert_log_id') system.db.runUpdateQuery('UPDATE alert_log SET checked=1 WHERE alert_log_id=%d' % selectedId)
You could then go on to enhance it to display summary type information e.g. a count of the number of times particular alarms have occurred in a time period, which may help focus your attention on the most troublesome alarms.

ok, it’s been easy. i can create a custom Alert Storage Profile in my DB, instead of the internal one, and clean records from there.
thank you AlThePal!