Larger size & Incompatible object argument for function call

Well… I finally did it. I found something I couldn’t do in Ignition… at least not yet. A sad day… :cry:

I ran into the apparent 65536 byte script size limitation using v7.2.11.

Traceback (innermost last): (no code object) at line 0 java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/python/pycode/_pyx2, method: f$0 signature: (Lorg/python/core/PyFrame;)Lorg/python/core/PyObject;) Incompatible object argument for function call

Well, the actual script size is about 35k, but by the time it compiles, I’m hosed. :wink:

Yes, I can make my script a bit smaller, possibly enough to squeeze it into the limitation. But the big picture is that this script is only about a third of the functionality of the overall script.

In keeping with the big picture, it’s not a big deal as I can still use standard python to get what I want done. It just would have been nice to store as a gateway script.

I think the limitation was raised a bit as of Jython 2.5, but haven’t found any hard evidence of it.

:frowning: Can you break the script up into smaller function calls that are written in another scripting module?

Yeah, I thought about it, but I was wanting to use it as a gateway script. Since I have 7.2.11, there’s no way to separate all of it out. At least not in a way that wouldn’t be hokey. Like put everything in TagChange scripts and cascading them. :unamused:

Actually, something is niggling at my mind on this. I’'ll take this up in a new thread.

Create functions in the Script Module Editor and call those functions in your Gateway Script.

I was operating under the impression that I couldn’t access the app script module from the gateway. @adamaustin just told me that I, in fact, can. So I should be good to go.

Now if I can just get this back off the back burner… :laughing: