Ignition in W7: Run as an administrator

Hello,

I’ve got W7 for almost a year now. There are allot of features I have not used yet.

What annoys me a bit is that in order to use Ignition I always need to right click on it and choose to run as an administrator in order to get the software running. Shortly after in the task bar there is a shield that shows up and I have to accept again.

Same thing goes for the Ignition Designer.

Is there a way to avoid having to go through these steps all the time?

Thank you.

Well, there are probably a few things you could do:

1. Since you’re right clicking on something, I assume it’s a shortcut on the desktop. If so, you could right-click, go to Properties>Compatibility, and select “Run this program as an administrator”. That way you don’t have to right-click each time.

2. You could Turn off the UAC. Guess it’s not recommended, but that’s what I’ve done… which is why I also don’t have a good sense of what normal users go through. After you turn that off you don’t get asked about anything, so it’s much more like XP, except better.

Perhaps other users have other suggestions.

Regards,

Hello Colby.

Actually it’s in the START menu. As I use Ignition allot it ends up being the top of the list of the software list.

If I only left click on it the small animated circle popups up and then disappears. That’s it. It ends. Ignition doesn’t start up.

I have to right click on the Icon in the Start menu and choose Run As Administrator. Then the shield shows up, etc.

Thanks.

You can actually launch a program through the task scheduler and bypass UAC:

(article here)

EDIT: Found a link in that same article for a feeware app called UAC Trust Shortcut

Hi,

It doesn’t matter if it’s in the start menu or on the desktop, you can right-click, go to properties and set it to always run as administrator, I believe.

Regards,

[quote=“Colby.Clegg”]Hi,

It doesn’t matter if it’s in the start menu or on the desktop, you can right-click, go to properties and set it to always run as administrator, I believe.

Regards,[/quote]

That is so, but the UAC nag will still pop up. Hence my previous post.

What I did is I right clicked again and went to the properties.

In the popup window there are tabs on the top. I select the Compatibility one and check the box for Run this program as an Administrator.

I still have the dark screen that demands authorization to proceed.

Thanks.

Sometimes, I just write amazing stuff… :wink:

[quote=“JordanCClark”]You can actually launch a program through the task scheduler and bypass UAC:

(article here)

EDIT: Found a link in that same article for a feeware app called UAC Trust Shortcut[/quote]