Factory Sql Download Link

Hy,

I am trying to download factory sql plugin but it seems that the Unified Installer download link returns an error !..Can someone provide me another link for downloading factory sql?

Thanks in advance!

With respect,
Ionut Capitanu
Industrial Software Engineer.

FactorySQL is now a legacy application. The Ignition equivalent is the “SQL Bridge” module. Based on your other post, I would download the latest full system installer (Windows) or Full System OS Binaries (Linux or OS X) from here.

You shouldn’t need to download individual modules to get started with your evaluation.

plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=60502

[quote=“nathan”]FactorySQL is now a legacy application. The Ignition equivalent is the “SQL Bridge” module. Based on your other post, I would download the latest full system installer (Windows) or Full System OS Binaries (Linux or OS X) from here.

You shouldn’t need to download individual modules to get started with your evaluation.

plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=60502[/quote]

Yes…i am kind of confused…I understand know that ignition is an upgrade to factory sql …i was interested in getting data from an serial line of my pc…it’s kind of amazing this platform but it has a strong weekness i believe: no support for at least modbus serial…because there are a lot of equipments that still use this protocol…to make it work i need to pay extra for a gateway or another opc server to use…

I saw in one later post here on this forum a thing about a serial Plugin and that’s why i downloaded the factory sql because it was for that…now i tried to make it read something on serial line with the functions provided by that plugin but nothing…It appears in bottom left of item properties window…that item cannot be saved due to the group state…i don’t really know what’s that…so i’m kind of stuck!

Hi,

FactorySQL is legacy, but can still be downloaded & purchased. The “online installer” doesn’t exist any more, so perhaps you were using an old version? You can download FactorySQL as part of the “offline unified installer” by going to Downloads>Legacy. It’s clear from your post that you got it installed, so perhaps that’s what you did.

Anyhow, if you need modbus serial, you’ll need a separate OPC server (as mentioned in that PLCTalk thread), in which case you might as well go with Ignition instead. We certainly get many requests for serial drivers, and we know there are many modbus serial devices, but it’s a bit of a leap technically from the existing drivers, so we just haven’t done it yet (I know, it seems silly- serial should be one of the easiest things. But there are a few difficulties to work through, and we just haven’t had the demand yet).

The serial plugin for FactorySQL is for very simple devices. It does not support a full protocol like modbus- it is only for reading streaming data sent from the device.

That said, the message you described, “item cannot be saved due to group state”, simply indicates that you’re trying to edit an item in a running group. Stop the group (the “stop” button on the toolbar), and you should now be able to change the item.

Regards,

[quote=“Colby.Clegg”]Hi,

FactorySQL is legacy, but can still be downloaded & purchased. The “online installer” doesn’t exist any more, so perhaps you were using an old version? You can download FactorySQL as part of the “offline unified installer” by going to Downloads>Legacy. It’s clear from your post that you got it installed, so perhaps that’s what you did.

Anyhow, if you need modbus serial, you’ll need a separate OPC server (as mentioned in that PLCTalk thread), in which case you might as well go with Ignition instead. We certainly get many requests for serial drivers, and we know there are many modbus serial devices, but it’s a bit of a leap technically from the existing drivers, so we just haven’t done it yet (I know, it seems silly- serial should be one of the easiest things. But there are a few difficulties to work through, and we just haven’t had the demand yet).

The serial plugin for FactorySQL is for very simple devices. It does not support a full protocol like modbus- it is only for reading streaming data sent from the device.

That said, the message you described, “item cannot be saved due to group state”, simply indicates that you’re trying to edit an item in a running group. Stop the group (the “stop” button on the toolbar), and you should now be able to change the item.

Regards,[/quote]

Thanks for your very clear explanations, it is clear to me now…i installed ignition and also factorysql…i now use an kepware opc server to log data from devices and ignition to design some applications to see what the platform can offer…maybe i will integrate it in future projects!

Keep the good work!

With respect,
Ionut Capitanu
Industrial Software Engineer