Factory Sql Download Link

[quote=“Colby.Clegg”]Hi,

FactorySQL is legacy, but can still be downloaded & purchased. The “online installer” doesn’t exist any more, so perhaps you were using an old version? You can download FactorySQL as part of the “offline unified installer” by going to Downloads>Legacy. It’s clear from your post that you got it installed, so perhaps that’s what you did.

Anyhow, if you need modbus serial, you’ll need a separate OPC server (as mentioned in that PLCTalk thread), in which case you might as well go with Ignition instead. We certainly get many requests for serial drivers, and we know there are many modbus serial devices, but it’s a bit of a leap technically from the existing drivers, so we just haven’t done it yet (I know, it seems silly- serial should be one of the easiest things. But there are a few difficulties to work through, and we just haven’t had the demand yet).

The serial plugin for FactorySQL is for very simple devices. It does not support a full protocol like modbus- it is only for reading streaming data sent from the device.

That said, the message you described, “item cannot be saved due to group state”, simply indicates that you’re trying to edit an item in a running group. Stop the group (the “stop” button on the toolbar), and you should now be able to change the item.

Regards,[/quote]

Thanks for your very clear explanations, it is clear to me now…i installed ignition and also factorysql…i now use an kepware opc server to log data from devices and ignition to design some applications to see what the platform can offer…maybe i will integrate it in future projects!

Keep the good work!

With respect,
Ionut Capitanu
Industrial Software Engineer