Factory SQL Application Not Running

Hi,

I have a system with WINCC SCADA 7.0 and OPC Scout 2.5.
I installed Factory SQL 4.2.8 on that system.

But the Factory SQL Frontend is not opening. It is giving a message “The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click on OK to terminate the application.”
Also the service is not running . When I try to run the Factory SQL Service from Services, then it shows the error “Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion”

Kindly help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Jignesh Chavan
Software Engg.

Hello,

This almost certainly indicates that the .Net Framework is not installed. Please install version 2.0 or greater and see if that helps. You can download 2.0 here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en

Also, while you’re in the process of installing things, you may want to download the latest released FactorySQL, version 4.2.12.

Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked the same.
I found that Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 as well as 3.5 are installed.
It is showing both in the program list as well as in C:/Windows/Microsft .NET/Framework folder.

Waiting for your kind reply.
Jignesh Chavan
Software Engg.

Hello,

What operating system are you using? Is it 32-bit or 64? Is your account an administrator?

Try the following (if applicable to your OS): Go to the FactorySQL installation directory, right click on “FactorySQLFrontend.exe” and select “Run as Administrator”. If that helps, it indicates that you’re on a machine with stiff security restrictions, and you’ll need to set the frontend and service to always run as administrator (from “properties” on the right click menu).

If that doesn’t help, you may want to reinstall the .net framework. Also, from what I could find online, there are some viruses that break the .net framework and cause this error. Basically, the error indicates a problem in the framework one way or another, either security, bad install, etc.

Regards,

Hi,

Thanks a lot.
It was due to viruses.
I reformatted the system and installed the softwares.
Now it is working properly.

Thanks and Regards,
Jignesh Chavan
Software Engg.