Manual Alert Clear

I want an alert where if the value is 0 for more than 1 minute it sends an email. I know how to do that, but what I do not know how to do is not make the alert email if the condition happens again.

I want the email to only be sent once until someone comes and presses a button that clears the alert. Then once the alert is manually cleared by a user FactorySQL can then send another email if the condition is met.

The main issue I am stuck on is how to you manually clear an alert from factoryPMI and how do you suppress subsequent alerts?

Unfortunately, it’s not really possible to work in extra logic like that to the alert generation portion of FactorySQL. HOWEVER, some users have been crafty in using distribution groups to accomplish this type of setup. A distribution group expression can be any valid FactorySQL expression. Thus, you can use the executeScalarQuery function and others while referencing the alert name to look for whether the alert condition in valid. If the expression returns FALSE, the alert won’t be sent to that group.

Hope this helps,

Can you explain how a manual alert gets cleared?