Connecting to Kepware OPC Server

I can’t seem to browse my Kepware OPC Server (“Cannot connect to OPC Server for browse”). The servoce settings look ok, and “test connections” passes. In the log, I get the following error:

[quote]Unable to cast COM object of type ‘System.__ComObject’ to interface type ‘OpcRcw.Comn.IOPCServerList2’. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID ‘{9DD0B56C-AD9E-43EE-8305-487F3188BF7A}’ failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).
at OpcCom.ServerEnumerator.CLSIDFromProgID(String progID, String host, ConnectData connectData)
at FactorySQL.OPCServerManager.GetServerInfoForServer(String ServerID)
at FactorySQL.OPCServerPool.AddNewConnection(String ServerName, String Owner, Boolean AllowFailure)[/quote]

What should I try now?

It looks like it’s not even making it to kepware- this error appears to be coming from OPCEnum, which is a service that provides information about the opc servers on a machine.

It’s possible that your opc installation is a bit “mis-aligned”. Did you recently install a new server? At any rate, you could try the following:

1. Stop your opc servers, re-run the Inductive Automation installer, but choose “Custom” and only select “OPC Core Components” from the other software.

-OR-

1. Re-install Kepware. Their installer usually does a good job of making sure the core components are OK.

Hope this helps,

Yeah, that’s probably it. I’ve never used FactorySQL on this machine, and I’m not even sure of the order of installation. I’ll do a fresh install of Kepware tomorrow, which I’ll need to do eventually anyway. Thanks.